This Document Gives information about the insurer, insured. Beneficiary/user and insured Equipment etc & other terms & conditions.
Proposer: Best Mobile Services Pvt. Ltd and it’s certified retailers, distributors and associates.
Insurer: IFFCO TOKIO General Insurance Company Limited
Insured & Beneficiary/ User: The purchaser of the insured equipment along with insured product or services whose name is as shown on the Invoice, however his/her spouse/ children & parents can use the device. Where the purchaser is a Company, beneficiary/user shall mean any representative/ employee of the company authorized to use the equipment.
Insured Equipment: Product/s purchased as shown on purchase Invoice, for product category such as Mobiles, Tablets along with Insured Product or Services through their medium.
Medium: Retailers, distributors and associates /Online Stores and application channel all their associates.
Administrator/facilitator/Coordinator: Prudent Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd.
Cover Period: 12 months from the date of purchase of the equipment along with the insured product or services.
Sum Insured: Mobile Handset value as mentioned in the purchase invoice/bill.
All Terms and Conditions of Insurance Company will be biding upon you. By scratching a coupon, you acknowledge that you have read all terms and conditions of Insurance Company as applicable for Mobile Phone Insurance scheme and you admit and accept binding force of the said terms and conditions of Insurance Company.
Therefore, we are imposing additional terms and conditions in the process of getting insurance cover.
You hereby acknowledge the fact that all of Insurance claims will be settled and paid by Insurance Company through us. . Therefore, we will not be responsible for any claim or loss, if, Insurance Company Rejects your claim.
All brands, trademarks which are provided with leaflet and also with the product are not party to the present Insurance Policy, therefore, they cannot be hold responsible for any claim.
The Policy will be applicable only on purchase of new mobile device on Invoice.
Your insurance benefit is based on the information you gave to us verbally or otherwise about you and your personal details when you registered for the insurance.
Subject to all of the terms and conditions of the issued certificate, we agree to become service facilitator for the insurance as stated in the issued Certificate on a Year to Year basis, provided that any covered damage or Loss to the Covered Property occurs while your coverage is in effect.
Section 2 : Scope of cover:
The insured must have purchased the handset from the impaneled distributor/retailer/dealer of the said manufacturer. The following risk coverage will be provided:
• Suffer damage to the exterior or interior component as a result of external impact & such damage cause equipment to stop working.
• Fails to work because fluid has managed to enter its external circuitry.
• Theft from violent means or threat to use violence.
• Stolen from a locked building/room/vehicle to which thief has gained access by force.
• Fire lighting explosion.
• Act of god perils.
• Damage or theft during riot, strike & malicious damage.
Insured will not be eligible for any compensation under Mobile Insurance Plan for any loss or damage to accessories alone even if forming a part of standard pack or to any complimentary or ancillary product/s, made available under any promotional scheme at the time of purchase.
Section 3 : Exclusions:
The Insurance policy does not cover:
1. Loss, such as lost, forgotten/misplaced/left unattended, simple theft where forcible entry has not occurred or violence used.
2. Loss resulting from or caused by theft, or attempted theft of insured equipment, left in unattended vehicle or room except car of fully enclose saloon type or room, having at the time all the doors/windows and other opening securely locked and properly fastened.
3. Loss due to Intentional act or willful neglect.
4. Loss arising after 12 month from date of purchase.
5. Any loss due to hire or loan of the insured equipment to a third party or if ownership is transferred.
6.Loss arising due to unlawful act including terrorist activity, war, SRCC, Nuclear Explosion, Radioactive Contamination, Chemical, Biochemical, Biological, Electromagnetic, Cyber attack etc.
7. Any loss if the insured equipment is not connected to any cellular network of service provider.
8. Consequential loss of any kind or description including wear and tear, manufacturing defects etc.
9. Loss caused by incorrect storage, poor care and maintenance, careless use, incorrect installation, incorrect installation, incorrect set-up and neglect.
10. Loss that is covered by Supplier, dealer or factory warranty.
11. Any loss of data or software installed in the equipment.
12. Any loss arising outside the territorial limits of India.
13. Any loss which is cosmetic in nature and does not result in to complete stoppage of / or functioning of equipment.
14. Any loss effecting to SIM card and any ancillary product etc even if the equipment result into complete stoppage of working.
15. Any electrical and/or mechanical breakdown.
Section 4 : Compensation:
Total loss:-Compensation for any total loss claims will be by way of electronic mode of payment to Customer via NEFT or by bank cheque. Maximum liability per Insured Equipment shall be Sum Insured less Excess & Depreciation (As defined in the policy schedule) depending on age of insured equipment from date of purchase till date & time of loss. The payment by the Insurer (IFFCO-TOKIO) to Insured (Best Mobile Services Pvt. Ltd) and the same will be forwarded to the Customer within 30-40 Days from the date of submission of the required claim documentation.
Partial Loss:-Compensation for any Partial Loss claims will be made to Customer by way of electronic mode of payment or by Bank Cheque or other suitable mode of payment. Maximum liability for each Insured Equipment shall be cost of repair, subject to Excess. The cover shall cease under the Policy for any equipment for which a claim has been paid on Total Loss or on the basis of Beyond Economic Repairs (BEC). On payment of any partial loss claim, the sum insured of the equipment shall be reduced by the amount of claim paid, any claim subsequently made shall be settled on the basis of the balance sum insured available after applying under insurance.
If the repair value is more than the compensation payable, Beneficiary has to bear the difference between repair value and compensation payable. Excess is minimum value which shall be deducted in each and every claim. Excess fee is Rs. 300 flat. The sum insured or maximum liability shall be calculated as follows by applying depreciation on the claim value for partial loss and total loss.
Total Loss and Partial Loss
Time from the Date of Purchase
|Up-to 3 Months
||10% of Invoice Value
|3 to less than 6 Months
||25% of Invoice Value
|More than 6 Months
||50% of Invoice Value
MAXIMUM 2 CLAIMS WILL BE ACCEPTED DURING THE COVER PERIOD. Subject to maximum value of sum insured at the time of loss.
Excess fee is 5% of the claim amount or Rs. 300, whichever is higher.
Under insurance is applicable, if any.Salvage value is Flat Rs 200/- for all the equipment.
POLICY CONDITION: Insured or beneficiary shall at all the times agree & declare that
1) Take all reasonable steps to safeguard the insured equipment
2) In an event of a loss, all benefits shall be forfeited, where there are any misrepresentations, mis-description or non-disclosure of any material fact significant to admission of liability and assessment of loss.
3) In the event of loss, declare/disclose all the material fact about the incidence or event and submit salvage.
4) Insured equipment is purchased along with insured product/services and registered within 5 days of time of purchase.
5) Protect the Insured Equipment, as far as reasonably possible, against theft, damage and contact with fluids.
6) Not to modify or alter the Insured Equipment in any way (other than installation of approved software), nor have installed components in the Insured Equipment or have it serviced or repaired by any person not approved by the manufacturer and/or the Insurer.
7) The cover shall cease on transfer of ownership of the insured equipment by the Insured to any other party.
8)DISPUTES & JURISDICTION: Any disputes or differences under this policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts in New Delhi, India.
9)INTEREST: No sums payable under this Policy shall carry any interest.
10)FRAUD: If any claim under this policy shall in any respect is found to be fraudulent or if any fraudulent means or devices are used by the Beneficiary/User or any one acting on their behalf, to obtain any benefit under this policy, all benefits and rights of the Beneficiary/User under this Policy shall cease and stand forfeited.CLAIM PROCEDURE: In the event of loss insured or beneficiary is required to do the followings steps:
Theft Category :The event should be immediately (not later than 48hrs from the date and time of loss) reported to the nearest police authorities and police acknowledgement and FIR receipt to be furnished.
The event will have to be simultaneously notified to the cellular network service provider not later than 48hrs from the date and time of the loss and a written acknowledgement or confirmation of barring of SIM services from network service provider to be furnished.
An immediate intimation (not later than 48hrs from the date and time of loss) about loss should be given to BMS at 18002004801.
All claim related documents or correspondence need to be submitted to BMS and all such documents or correspondence should reach to BMS office not later than 5 calendar days from the date & time of the event of loss.
The event need to be notified to facilitator (BMS) with proximate cause or reason of loss and BMS will arrange to take the insured equipment, to nearest authorized service center & obtain service estimate towards the damage or reasonably guide OR BMS will guide customer to the nearest service center where customer can get the device repaired. In this case, customer needs to provide the estimate to BMS before get the device repaired in order to obtain the approval from the Insurer.
Do not get the damaged insured equipment repaired unless intimated to BMS and further authorized by insurer.
Contact Point for Claims:
All claim related queries and submission of claim document or correspondence should be directed to BMS by calling on +91 9560894958 or 18002004801.
In case pickup facility is not available, BMS shall guide you further course of action to be taken by you. BMS will guide customer to the nearest service center where customer can get the device repaired. In this case, customer needs to provide the estimate to BMS before get the device repaired in order to obtain the approval from the Insurer.
All claim related documents or correspondence need to be submitted to BMS in Duplicate. Original claim documents with 1 additional photo copy of all original claim documents.
Note:Original documents shall be retained by insurer at the time of claim and shall not be returned to the insured/claimant. For claim guidance or assistance & claim related issues, beneficiary can contact BMS will inform about the claim. i.e. Claim intimation know their claim status and also get all other relevant information by calling +91 9560894958 or writing an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tablets without sim connectivity are covered against accidental external damages and accidental fluid damage only. For any other query or complained regarding policy details contact to BMS.
• Insurance policy is subject matter of solicitation